Block Cracking Repair
If you own a business, you probably have an asphalt parking lot, loading dock, or roadway on your property. As the years go by, you may begin to notice cracks in the pavement. This is incredibly common, yet it’s easy to prevent and repair cracking with proper maintenance.
Team up with Integrity Paving & Coatings to keep your asphalt looking great! We provide block crack repair and other asphalt services to businesses in Austin, Texas.
What is Block Cracking?
Block cracking is easy to identify by the cracks that form large, interconnected squares or rectangles. The patchwork of blocks may range in size from about one square foot to 100 square feet. Block cracking that occurs on a larger scale is often called longitudinal or transverse cracking.
How Block Cracking Can Impact Your Business
- Block cracking is unattractive: If the parking lot is cracked and deteriorating, your business will appear older and more rundown. Improve your reputation by repairing block cracks as soon as they appear.
- Block cracking can be hazardous: Ignoring block cracks can lead to loose debris and standing water. If cars drive over wet, cracked pavement at high speeds, they could lose skid resistance and hydroplane.
- Block cracking can decrease property value: Due to the unsightly and potentially hazardous nature of block cracking, failure to repair the cracks could lower your property value.
Don’t allow block cracking to harm your business’s value and reputation! Contact Integrity Paving & Coatings to schedule asphalt repair in Austin, TX.
Frequently Asked Questions about Block Cracking
While many types of asphalt cracks are load-dependent, block cracking tends to occur where traffic is minimal, such as parking lanes, alleys, and rarely used rear entrances. The primary cause of block cracking is the asphalt binder’s inability to expand and contract with fluctuating temperatures. This may be due to age-related hardening or poor choice of asphalt binder to begin with.
The proper strategy depends on the severity and extent of the cracking. If treated early, sealing small cracks (one-half-inch wide or less) can prevent moisture infiltration. Keep up with block crack preventative maintenance, and you’ll enjoy years of satisfactory asphalt service.
However, if you wait too long to perform the repair, the block cracks may widen or start raveling at the edges. When this happens, the only repair option is to have the cracked pavement layer removed and replaced with an overlay.
Seal coating is one of the best preventative measures you can perform. Reapply this coating every two to three years to stop cracks before they start. Then, if you notice block cracks or other deterioration developing, have them sealed immediately. For the best results, work with a knowledgeable paving company in Austin that can get the job done right the first time around.
Why Choose Integrity Paving & Coatings for Block Crack Repair?
It can be hard to find a suitable time for pavement repair work. Rest assured that Integrity Paving & Coatings makes the process as fast and convenient as possible. Here’s what sets us apart:
- Our honest, upfront pricing never leaves you guessing.
- We communicate openly with our customers throughout the project.
- Our motivated team members deliver high-quality results every time.
- We are locally owned and operated.
- Our high-tech equipment can resolve any pavement concern.
- We work quickly and efficiently for minimal disruption to your property.
- Our crew is covered by general liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
Ready to schedule block crack repair in Austin, TX? Contact us today for an onsite consultation and estimate.