Expert Asphalt Depression Repairs
The durability and affordability of asphalt make it the number one material for streets, parking lots, and access roads. Unfortunately, without proper site preparation and ongoing maintenance, this material can experience significant wear and tear. If you notice asphalt depressions or other pavement problems on your property, Integrity Paving & Coatings can help.
For affordable services and long-term results, please contact us to schedule asphalt depression repair in Austin, Texas today.
What Are Asphalt Depressions?
Asphalt depressions are low-lying areas of pavement. They begin as minor indentations and are most noticeable when they fill with water after it rains. While depressions don’t penetrate the pavement, the collection of water and other debris can wear the asphalt surface in the affected area faster than the surrounding pavement. This weakens the street’s structural integrity and may lead to further deterioration.
How Pavement Depressions Can Impact Your Business
- Pavement depressions are unsightly: You want every aspect of your storefront to entice customers to enter. A pockmarked parking lot conveys a disregard for routine maintenance, which may damage your reputation.
- Asphalt depressions cause pedestrian safety hazards: As a responsible business owner, it’s your job to make sure your property is safe inside and out. Deep asphalt depressions create an uneven surface that can cause tripping. You could even be sued for premises liability if someone slips and falls in your poorly maintained parking lot.
- Pavement depressions cause vehicle safety hazards: After a rainstorm, depressions fill with water, creating the opportunity for hydroplaning. This may not be an issue in a low-speed parking lot, but higher-speed roads undoubtedly become more hazardous if they contain pavement depressions.
Don’t allow asphalt problems to negatively impact your business! Contact Integrity Paving & Coatings to schedule repair work today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Asphalt Depressions
The ground settles over time, and asphalt isn’t as rigid as it looks. Depressions are usually caused by poor site preparation leading to uneven soil compaction. Indentations commonly appear in parking spots where the tires of parked cars apply extra pressure to the asphalt. Lack of maintenance, frost heave, high traffic load, and aging are other factors that can worsen existing pockmarks and ruts.
A fast, temporary fix involves installing a simple asphalt patch over the existing pavement. This improves the road’s appearance for a while, but it fails to address the underlying problem. As a result, soil compaction is likely to continue, and the depression will return.
A more permanent asphalt repair is to remove the affected pavement, compact the soil properly, and apply a full-depth patch over the repaired subgrade.
Proper subgrade preparation is vital, not just because uneven soil compaction leads to depressions, but because it can cause rutting, localized asphalt cracks, and potholes. To prevent these problems before they start, only work with a knowledgeable paving company in Austin.
Why Choose Integrity Paving & Coatings for Asphalt Depression Repair?
We understand that parking lot and roadway maintenance can be inconvenient. That’s why it’s important to choose a reliable company that can get the job done right the first time around. Here are the qualities that set Integrity Paving & Coatings apart from the rest:
- We offer honest, upfront pricing.
- We maintain open communication with our customers.
- Our quality-driven team provides exceptional results.
- We are locally owned and operated.
- We have the experience, equipment, and know-how to solve your pavement concerns.
- Our fast, efficient work minimizes the impact of repairs on you and your customers.
- We carry general liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
Reach out to us today to schedule asphalt depression repair in the Austin, TX area!